Title: Accounting Manager
- Organize and set priorities for the accounting team in order to facilitate a timely and accurate monthly/quarterly close process.
- Prepare, create and submit journal entries to properly account for accruals, prepaids, amortizations, allocations and reserves through use of the Company’s journal module in Blackline each accounting period.
- Ensure accounting department journal entries are properly prepared, supported and recorded in a timely and accurate manner.
- Perform general ledger account reconciliations as assigned on a period/quarterly basis using the Company’s account reconciliation module in Blackline.
- Ensure account reconciliations are performed in accordance with the guidelines of the company and
- Blackline’s certification statement; and in accordance with reported calendars and timelines and review. Oversee straight-line rent calculation and support; percentage rent calculation and communication and payments to landlords.
- Guide other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; apply observations and recommendations to operational issues; provide direction to A/P processing for GL coding. Review and perform analysis on accounting transactions and store level expense accounts.
- Research end of period accounting objections received from store managers P&L review and provide reliable feedback and resolution in a timely manner each accounting period.
- Achieve accounting objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; analyzing variances; identifying trends; preparing and completing action plans; resolving problems; determining system improvements and process enhancements; and implementing change.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management to ensure the accomplishment of the company’s accounting and financial reporting goals and objectives.
- Prepare/Review work papers and schedules for internal and external auditors as well as organize binders with financial documents for the preparation of the company’s SEC 1 OQ and 10K filings.
- Work with internal and external auditors to complete quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Contribute to the timely preparation and review of the quarter and annual SEC Forms IOQ and 10K. Assist with support to the annual proxy statement.
- Research and document technical accounting issues and financial reporting matters as they arise in relation to relevant accounts.
MBA, CPA or CPA candidate a plus
- Ability to independently research and resolve complex accounting matters is required.
- Must possess excellent organizational skills and be able to meet deadlines.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be an analytical, strategic and creative thinker who is detail-oriented.
- Able to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work productively and handle multiple tasks in an efficient manner.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills with excellent oral and written communication skills.