Upstream Oil & Gas – Senior Accounting Analyst
The Senior Accounting Analyst role is a key position in the Finance and Accounting Team. The role provides significant exposure to the business and to senior management. The Senior Accounting Analyst will provide timely and accurate reporting of financial results which will assist management in making key business decisions. This is an exciting time to join the company and be part of a growing organization.
- Perform month-end closing activities, including entering journal entries, determining required accruals and performing various calculations (e.g. DD&A, interest and decommissioning provisions).
- Prepare monthly financials statements, including analysis of results.
- Provides guidance on accounting matters such as implications of new accounting pronouncements and classification of transactions.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations and have an understanding of account activity.
- Participates in creating and recommending new policies, methods and procedures designed to improve accounting controls and efficiency.
- Ensure detailed compliance with internal controls and procedures.
- Assist with the annual audit by preparing various schedules and responding to audit queries.
- Exchanges and interprets business information; and promotes effective and timely flow of required financial information.
- Identifies, analyzes, verifies, interprets and processes financial and operating transactions and data.
- Prepare and/or review as necessary assigned schedules for internal reporting purposes.
- Conduct operational analysis including AFE’s, spend analysis, variance explanations, capital budgeting.
- Assist with the annual budget and analyze and report monthly actuals compared to forecast.
- Assist with various monthly reporting requirements as necessary.
- Works on special projects, as assigned.
- Strong accounting knowledge, including strong E&P accounting experience.
- Must be a self-starter, motivated, and can meet deadlines.
- Upstream business knowledge, business acumen and an understanding of the Lower 48 upstream business processes.
- Ability to think big picture, forward thinker and anticipate requests.
- Proven analytical skills, attention to detail and high quality and accurate reporting.
- Proficient in Excel – creating/modifying spreadsheets, data cleansing, pivot tables & formulas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Bolo system.
- Proven teamwork ability.
- Effective in a dynamic environment, adapting to and managing change in a positive and proactive manner.
- Capable of establishing effective working relationships that promote teamwork and collaboration.
- Strong communication skills are required to effectively receive and distribute information to other accounting department personnel, operational department personnel and various levels of management.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting required
- CPA preferred
- A minimum of five years in upstream oil and gas accounting
- Broad oil and gas experience