Provide leadership, coordination and development of the Company’s financial and operational accounting policies and procedures, internal and external financial report, ongoing design, implementation and evaluation of the Company’s internal control structure and SOX compliance requirements. Ensure company accounting procedures conform to GAAP and SEC requirements. Responsible for the analysis and interpretation of trends requiring Management’s attention, the preparation of financial and management reports and procedures, and the presentation of finding and specific recommendations to Senior Management. Experience in upstream oil and gas is required.
- Manage and develop the staff of accounting professionals responsible for the preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, internal and external.
- Recommend benchmarks for measuring financial and operating performance
- Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget
- Manage the preparation of the official annual report of actual revenues, transfers and expenses
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal budgetary reporting requirements
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies and operating procedures
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department’s goals and objectives
- Direct SOX audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Proven management and leadership capabilities
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team environment, as projects will require collaboration with all departments and disciplines
- Must have strong work ethic and highest levels of personal integrity
- Must be a self-starter, motivated, with good organizational and reasoning skills
- Able to perform well under pressure and time constraints
- Able to work extra hours, if needed
- Must be able to easily adapt to change in work environment, manage competing demands and deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events
- Superior verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills to organize and convey complex problems or issues within and across functions while developing valuable solutions
- Excellent written communication skills to draft SEC documents and memos, as well as processes and procedures
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office products required; experience with BOLO oil and gas accounting experience preferred
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA designation required
- Minimum 7 years of experience with an upstream oil and gas company, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in a controller or assistant controller capacity with a public company
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions required
- Previous experience in external financial reporting and internal audit is highly preferred, as well as experience in financial analysis
- Experienced in the management of oil and gas operations accounting functions; i.e. revenue, JIB, payables, etc.
AXIA Partners is a professional services firm comprised of Big Four CPA’s with significant experience in public accounting, industry and consulting. We provide complete human capital solutions to our clients in the areas of Accounting, Finance, Risk Management, Internal Audit, Tax, IT and SOX Compliance.
Our business model provides a unique blend of service lines, combining professional and executive recruiting and contract consulting services in a manner that creates significant internal synergies in talent sourcing, client development and service delivery. We service small to large-cap Fortune 500 companies in a variety of industries including: energy trading, oil and gas, manufacturing, real estate, software and service.