Director IT Audit/Compliance/Risk Advisory
Director is responsible for managing a team of professionals through all stages of internal audit or information security consulting engagements to include planning, field work, engagement wrap up and report composition, along with providing recommendations regarding engagement economics and legal risks to the Firm. They are responsible for ensuring exceptional client service and high-quality engagement deliverables are achieved.
- Manage complex IT audits (including technical audits) on information systems, platforms and operating procedures.
- Responsible for assisting and developing new business within existing clients and prospects of the Firm, including the identification of potential new service offerings and target companies.
- Direct IT staff, seniors, and managers on general control testing activities including, control design review, assembling data and information requests, data analysis etc.
- Evaluate IT infrastructure in terms of risk to the organization and establishes controls to mitigate loss.
- Determine and recommend improvements in current risk management IT controls and implementation of system changes or upgrades.
- Evaluate evidence collected from control design tests and operating effectiveness analysis; communicate results with clients and external audit firms.
- Assemble status and other analysis required to test compliance with SOX 404 and other compliance topics; Summary of Aggregated Deficiency (SAD) reporting, framework analysis.
- Direct IT internal audits as defined by annual internal audit plan and special projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business (Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Cybersecurity or Accounting).
- 10+ years working in internal audit, consulting, assurance services, or related field, either in big 4, large regional firm or professional services.
- Knowledge and understanding of current accounting (GAAP) and auditing (GAAS) principals and Sarbanes-Oxley Act provisions and methodologies for achieving compliance.
- Strong knowledge of PCAOB reporting rules and requirements as it pertains to IT and Technology.
- An in-depth understanding of IT audit methodologies (process controls and technical requirements) and developing key internal audit deliverables including process flows, work programs, audit reports, and control summaries.
- Understanding of commonly used internal control frameworks, including COBIT, ISO 27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework, ITIL, etc.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Information Security (i.e. HIPAA/HiTrust, NIST, ISO, etc.) regulations.
- Continuous education and interest in technology including topics such as cybersecurity, information security, operating systems, mobile technologies, software development, networking, and business applications.
- Ability to translate technology topics and audit issues into “business speak” to be understood by client executives.
- Professional certifications (CISA, CIA, CISSP, or CPA) required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications with specific emphasis on Access, Excel, Visio and PowerPoint.
- A self-starter that possesses strong leadership qualities
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
AXIA Partners is a professional services firm comprised of Big Four CPA’s with significant experience in public accounting, industry and consulting. We provide complete human capital solutions to our clients in the areas of Accounting, Finance, Risk Management, Internal Audit, Tax, IT and SOX Compliance.
Our business model provides a unique blend of service lines, combining professional and executive recruiting and contract consulting services in a manner that creates significant internal synergies in talent sourcing, client development and service delivery. We service small to large-cap Fortune 500 companies in a variety of industries including: energy trading, oil and gas, manufacturing, real estate, software and service.