Director Of Compliance
I. POSITION DESCRIPTION
Director of Compliance
The Director of Compliance will work closely with the administrative team as well as be responsible for ensuring company is conducting business that is in compliance with all laws and regulations related to our industry. This position will report directly to the COO/CFO and oversee all compliance and regulations associated with HIPAA/HITRUST, SOC, and any other related matters for the company.
II. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, maintain and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the compliance program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical or improper conduct.
- Complete vendor and customer questionnaires.
- Coordinate customer requests for information when requested.
- Monitor, and as necessary, coordinate compliance activities of other departments to remain abreast of the status of all compliance activities.
- Provide reports on a regular basis to administrative team to keep current with all compliance efforts.
- Collaborate with other departments (for example, human resources, operations and IT) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and standards of conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues and concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Maintain compliance with company policies and procedures regarding the HIPPA/HITRUST Privacy Rule. This role may view protected health information (PHI) as part of daily duties.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, develops and implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
III. MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, MIS, Accounting, Audit or related field required
- 2+ years of experience in health care industry preferred
- 2+ years of HIPPA/HITRUST experience preferred
- CISA, CIA, CRMA, CPA or other certifications is a plus
- Healthcare compliance certification is a plus
IV. OTHER QUALIFICATIONS:
- Effectively interprets and communicates federal and state laws, regulations and statues to the work force
- Working knowledge of applicable health care federal and state laws, regulations and statutes
- Willingness to travel as needed to various locations domestically
- Strong project management, problem solving and analytical skills
- Possess excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Quick learner with high attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Able to keep track of deadlines and timelines and provide timely follow-up
- Must be flexible with the ability to adapt to changes quickly and think conceptually