Financial Reporting Senior
Our clients is looking for a Big 4 superstar who is looking to grow and strengthen their career. The financial reporting senior will be the external financial reporting manager’s right hand, and will have the opportunity to make a mark on the development of the financial reporting department.
Ideal candidate will have 3-5 years in public accounting, strong financial process experience: including financial close, reporting, internal controls, experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and working with independent auditors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-5 years in public accounting
- CPA preferred
- Strong technical accounting and SEC knowledge
- Strong financial process experience: including financial close, reporting, internal controls, experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and working with independent auditors
- Advanced excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to deal with positions at all levels
- Prepare quarterly and annual SEC filings, including financial statements, related disclosures and supporting schedules. This includes, but is not limited to tasks such as, rolling forward SEC reporting templates and documents, preparing footnote and related underlying disclosure reports, tying out completed disclosures, completing and aiding in control testing of disclosures, drafting new disclosures, addressing formatting and conformity of the SEC documents and aiding in the review of XBRL tags
- Prepare other external reports, including proxy statement filings, earnings press releases and earnings scripts
- Provide assistance in developing reporting pack templates and drive efforts to streamline and conform process for gathering disclosure and statement of cash flow data
- Provide assistance in implementing a company-wide SOX compliance program
- Maintain the control processes affecting the financial statements. This includes ensuring SOX compliance of financial reporting and disclosure controls, and participating in and providing support for SOX walkthroughs and control testing
- Provide assistance in ensuring compliance with evolving accounting guidance and disclosure requirements
- Provide assistance in documenting and ensuring compliance with Company’s accounting policy manual
- Serve as a key user of the financial reporting software utilized for building SEC reports (Workiva)
- Support Corporate team with its monthly and annual close procedures
- Support Corporate team with the external audit process
- Ad Hoc special projects or requests
AXIA Partners is a professional services firm comprised of Big Four CPA’s with significant experience in public accounting, industry and consulting. We provide complete human capital solutions to our clients in the areas of Accounting, Finance, Risk Management, Internal Audit, Tax, IT and SOX Compliance.
Our business model provides a unique blend of service lines, combining professional and executive recruiting and contract consulting services in a manner that creates significant internal synergies in talent sourcing, client development and service delivery. We service small to large-cap Fortune 500 companies in a variety of industries including: energy trading, oil and gas, manufacturing, real estate, software and service.