Senior Financial Reporting Accountant
Our client is looking for a Senior Financial Reporting Accountant to assist the Controller in various areas of accounting including, but not limited to, external financial reporting, month end processes, monthly internal reporting, audit and review preparation, accounting/financial research and other accounting functions.
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare and process month-end close, related journal entries and reconciliations including accruals, departmental allocations, prepaid expenses, and fixed assets.
- Prepare return rate analysis schedules and debt compliance calculations.
- Review sales tax accounts and provide communication with sale tax service provider as needed.
- Perform financial statements analytics and provide relevant explanations for fluctuations.
- Assist with creating and maintaining the SEC calendar to inform parties of necessary deadline adherence for the following processes: financial close, BOD packages, press/earnings releases and 10-Q/K.
- Assist with preparing the quarterly and annual reports on Form 10-Q/K and managing the internal and external review for these documents
- Assist with quarterly review and annual audits, including the compilation and preparation of supporting schedules, work papers, and financial reports related to areas of responsibility.
- Assisting with updating and maintaining accounting policies and procedures including preparation of accounting memos and SOX documentation.
- Assist with performing research of identified reporting and accounting issues, prepare technical memorandums that document issues in a clear, logical and comprehensive manner and advise management accordingly
- Supply information and support to other functions such as price load verification, price overrides, and other such tasks.
- Be assigned other special projects, including annual budgets, as required.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline required
- 3-5 years of accounting experience in a public company environment; CPA a plus but not required
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP; familiarity with SEC rules and regulations, a plus.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized in completion of tasks.
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish objectives.
- Ability to act cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees and management, to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and manage well through complex issues.
- Ability to execute and follow-through to completion and documentation.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft applications; experience with MAS, a plus.
AXIA Partners is a professional services firm comprised of Big Four CPA’s with significant experience in public accounting, industry and consulting. We provide complete human capital solutions to our clients in the areas of Accounting, Finance, Risk Management, Internal Audit, Tax, IT and SOX Compliance.
Our business model provides a unique blend of service lines, combining professional and executive recruiting and contract consulting services in a manner that creates significant internal synergies in talent sourcing, client development and service delivery. We service small to large-cap Fortune 500 companies in a variety of industries including: energy trading, oil and gas, manufacturing, real estate, software and service.