Senior Plant Accountant- Dallas, Texas
SCOPE AND MAGNITUDE:
The Sr. Operations Accountant is responsible for all aspects of plant accounting, including invoicing/settlement, monthly accrual entries, gross operating margin reporting, and variance analysis. To perform the role effectively, the Sr. Operations Accountant must be able to understand multiple software systems (including Waterfield, TIES, Cognos, and PeopleSoft) and multiple midstream assets, including complex processing, gathering, and transportation assets.
- Prepare journal entries, closing files and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Work closely with Asset Managers to record monthly accrual and understand the fundamentals of your assets and related operating contracts.
- Perform monthly revenue analysis timely and accurately. This process includes accrued-to-actual variance analysis and prior period adjustment explanations.
- Provide management reports and analysis for monthly, quarterly, and year-end closes.
- Create and maintain desktop procedures and process work flows.
- Respond to both internal and external customer needs in a timely and customer-focused manner. Periodically solicit feedback from internal clients for performance and improvement.
- Assist Operations Accounting Director and Operations Accounting Managers with special projects as needed.
- Internal: Asset Analysts, Commercial, Contract Administration, Operations.
- External: Customers and Auditors.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- 3 years of midstream energy business experience in liquids and plant accounting is preferred.
- A team player who possesses good interpersonal skills and relates well with peers and supervisor.
- Candidate should possess high initiative and be a self-starter willing to work occasional overtime to get the job done.
- Able to manage multiple priorities, including monthly, quarterly, and ad hoc projects and assignments.
- Excel, Waterfield, TIES and PeopleSoft experience preferred.
- Sound analytical thinking and decision making.