Sr. Settlements Analyst
Our client is currently seeking a qualified professional with proven experience and results to join their Settlements team as a Sr. Settlements Analyst for our office in The Woodlands, Texas. The new Sr. Settlements Analyst will serve as an integral member of team continuing to drive this transformation internally.
The Sr. Settlements Analyst position will be responsible for daily monitoring of ISO settlements, and will ensure timely and accurate settlement of all physical and financial transactions related to power generation, identifying and resolving billing discrepancies and providing support for Accounting and Financial Reporting. The successful candidate is responsible for becoming a subject matter expert in the assigned power markets and business function area. The incumbent will directly collaborate with team members, project groups, information technology and cross functional teams to support continuous process improvements and changing business needs. EOE M/F/D/V
Contract Review and Analysis – Reviewing contracts timely to:
- Confirm pricing and determine billing requirements.
- Identify any non-routine billings or unique agreements and develop processes for systematic reconciliation.
- Compare billing systems pricing information with contracts and amendments to ensure accuracy and completeness
Billing – Perform invoice and billing reviews that include:
- Reconciling counterparty commodity invoices with Energy Trade Management System (ETRM).
- Shadow settlement of ISO/RTO invoices.
- Generating customer invoices/remittances for bilateral power, financial swaps, renewable energy credits, transmission, and fuel in accordance with contractual terms.
- Reviewing completeness of monthly and other periodic billings.
- Contacting counterparties to timely resolve billing discrepancies or follow up with past due accounts receivables.
- Creating ad-hoc invoices manually as required
Communication – Working and communicating with various internal groups to compile and analyze data, including Contract Administration, Front and Middle Offices, Accounting, Financial Reporting, Treasury, Credit, Information Technology (IT) and Legal
- Accounting Support – Provide accrual information and reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts as necessary
- Process Improvements – Acting as a change agent to identify and implement process improvements to promote best practices
- Audit Support – Interface with auditors to provide information and support as requested
- Regulator reporting – Quarterly filing of FERC EQR. Annual filing of FERC 552
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or similar field is required.
- Minimum of 5 or more years of progressive experience in energy/generation settlements using and ETRM’s and shadow settlement tools.
- Understanding of the US energy industry, preferably of deregulated power markets.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office with advanced Excel skills (Pivot tables, VLOOKUP, complex IF/THEN statements).
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Motivated, self-directed and results-driven approach to work, also takes ownership of assigned tasks. Integrate into and drive our client’s 2.0 culture.
- A natural communicator who has strong verbal and written communication skills including strong presentation skills.
- A superior listener who has the proven ability to influence and persuade, is organized and articulate.
- Personal commitment to integrity, achievement of departmental and business goals, and outstanding customer service.
Number of Openings
AXIA Partners is a professional services firm comprised of Big Four CPA’s with significant experience in public accounting, industry and consulting. We provide complete human capital solutions to our clients in the areas of Accounting, Finance, Risk Management, Internal Audit, Tax, IT and SOX Compliance.
Our business model provides a unique blend of service lines, combining professional and executive recruiting and contract consulting services in a manner that creates significant internal synergies in talent sourcing, client development and service delivery. We service small to large-cap Fortune 500 companies in a variety of industries including: energy trading, oil and gas, manufacturing, real estate, software and service.